Getting used to your new dentures? It can be a challenge! Dentures help in recreating the smile on your face and uplifts your confidence. However, it could be quite daunting initially because
Taking care of your dentures
Your teeth need care. Your dentures too need care. Let’s have a look at the hygienic ways to apply dentures.
- Give your dentures a break while you are off to bed in the night. Soak them in warm water or special denture cleaning products which is readily available off the shelf. Soaking protects from bacteria, tartar etc.
- Regularly brush your dentures using denture cleaning brush and mild toothpaste
- Rinse your dentures after each meal and before using it in the morning
- Clean your mouth after removing the dentures.
- Get regular dental checkup routines to check the fitting of the dentures and overall oral health.
Why Denture Adhesives?
Dental adhesives give a firm support to dentures so that they don’t get loose. They come in different forms – creams, powders, wafers, pastes etc. The denture wafers are very easy to use but relatively more expensive of the lot. They also prevent spillage of dentures. They come in the form of strips which needed to be pressed on the dentures and can be used one strip a day.
Buying good denture wafers
If you are planning to buy denture wafers, watch out for these
- Strength of the wafer – how firm it can hold the dentures and for how long?
- Easy usage – how easily can the wafer be used and cleaned?
- Watch out for reviews – what level of comfort people have experienced?
- Zinc-free – high levels of zinc in these products could cause several oral problems.
- Cost – Compare similar products to know which is the best in market.
Try products to know which suits you the best.